- Seattle University School of Law (formerly University of Puget Sound School of Law), Seattle, Washington.
Juris Doctor, cum laude, May 1987. Moot Court Board member, Dean’s Award Recipient.
- Whitman College, Walla Walla, Washington.
Bachelor of Arts, Economics; minor, History, 1984. Dean and Esther Vail Scholarship Recipient.
- Judge, King County District Court, King County, WA. 2015- present.
Elected November, 2014. Presides over both Criminal and Civil trials and hearings. Member of King County District Court Rules Committee. Member of the District and Municipal Court Judges Association.
- Judge Pro Tem, King County District Court, King County, WA. 2008-2014.
Serve as Pro Tem Judge. Presides over Criminal and Civil trials and hearings in District and Municipal Courts throughout King County.
- Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, King County Prosecutor, Seattle, WA. June 1993 – February 2002; February 2008-May 2011.
Criminal Division. Responsible for case investigation, trials, and appeals, including felony jury trials in King County Superior Court, arguments before the Washington State Court of Appeals Division I, and misdemeanor trials in King County District Court.
- Of Counsel, Corr Cronin, Seattle, WA. May, 2006 –November, 2006
Served as Of Counsel on a special project basis for a civil litigation matter.
- Associate Attorney, Bogle & Gates, Seattle, WA. October 1987 – June 1993.
Civil litigation practice, with emphasis in copyright infringement, tort, contract, and professional malpractice actions.
- Extern, Office of the Federal Public Defender, Seattle, WA. January 1987 – June 1987.
Assisted in preparation of defense against criminal indictment in large white-collar fraud case tried in the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington.
- Admitted to Bar: Washington, 1987; U. S. District Court, Western District of Washington.
Community Volunteer Positions
- Children’s Justice Center of King County, Kid’s Court Judicial Speaker, (2013-present)
- We the People, Youth Constitutional Law Program, Congressional Hearings Judge, (2007-present)
- Whitman College, Annual Fund Representative (in 1990s and again 2010-2014)
- School Commission, member & Chair, children’s elementary/middle school, (2002-2012)
- Endowment Keynote Speaker, School Auction, (2007 & 2010)
- Parent Board member& Vice Chair, children’s high school, (2010-2012)